Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 1996 09:26:44 +0100
From:      Paul Walsh <paul@nation-net.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem mounting slices on cloned disk

OK, I think I'm nearly there. Here's my story ...
I've cloned a remote disk (fipsed freeBSD partition) onto a larger disk
(fdisked freeBSD partition) set up as a second drive on my local machine. The
idea is to do a straight swap.
This is what I did:

Basic install on second disk, then deleted everything.

mount /dev/wd2e /mnt
rsh www dump 0f - /var | (cd /mnt ; restore xf -)

umount /mnt;mount /dev/wd2f /mnt
rsh www dump 0f - /usr | (cd /mnt ; restore xf -)

umount /mnt;mount /dev/wd2a /mnt
rsh www dump 0f - / | (cd /mnt ; restore xf -)
umount /mnt

Everything seemed to restore OK.
However when I tried to boot I got:
/ OK last mounted on /mnt
/wd2s2f Incorrect Super Block
/wd2s2e Incorrect Super Block

What have I missed?
Does it matter that the new disk has bigger slices?

Cheers Paul Walsh.
--
paul@nation-net.com	Walsh Simmons
0161-839 9337		Manchester, UK