Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:02:23 -0700
From:      Gordon Tetlow <gordont@gnf.org>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Patch to crunchgen to fix errors using make -P

--F3hO7rXQyZUbKHFQ

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 08:11:01PM -0400, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> At 4:08 PM -0700 7/25/03, Gordon Tetlow wrote:
> >I have a quick patch that I'd like to commit, but I was
> >wondering if anyone had any objections or reason to keep
> >the MAKEFLAGS environment variable.
>=20
> Following up on what you figured out, I realized that we
> could also fix this by changing the line in
>=20
> /usr/src/rescue/rescue/Makefile
>=20
> so it's:
>=20
> 	MAKEFLAGS=3D MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=3D${CRUNCHOBJS} crunchgen -q -m ...
>=20
> A quick test showed that this allowed me to add all the debug
> flags I wanted to add, without having to change crunchgen.

Good point, but I suppose the real question is whether we want to
fix crunchgen in the general sense of just this one instance. I'm
not opposed to either solution. If I don't hear anything, I'll
commit the Makefile solution and possibly add a comment to crunchgen
warning of the potential issues from the environment that crunchgen
inherits.

-gordon

--F3hO7rXQyZUbKHFQ

--F3hO7rXQyZUbKHFQ--