Date:      Mon, 8 Dec 2003 17:44:32 -0500
From:      Michael Edenfield <kutulu@kutulu.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ad0: FAILURE - SET_MULTI -- should I be worried?

--ZfOjI3PrQbgiZnxM

Over the weekend I upgraded a couple of our backup mail servers from 5.1
to 5.2, and noticed that one of them are giving me this error:

ad0: FAILURE - SET_MULTI status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR> error=4<ABORTED>
GEOM: create disk ad0 dp=0xc165f560
ad0: 19470MB <QUANTUM FIREBALLlct20 20> [39560/16/63] at ata0-master
UDMA33

I was wondering if this error meant there was something wrong with the
hardware, that something is "about to be" wrong with the hardware, or if
this is just a harmless warning?  These are old PII Celeron systems, so
I wouldn't be shocked if the drive is about to explode, but if this is
some advanced warning I hopefully have time to replace it :)

--Mike

--ZfOjI3PrQbgiZnxM

--ZfOjI3PrQbgiZnxM--