Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 1996 15:44:24 +0000
From:      Carlos Amengual <amengual@sadeya.cesca.es>
To:        tcg@ime.net
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Broken Apache man page help needed

Gary Chrysler wrote:

> Hi all, I installed apache from sysinstall when I installed
> 2.1r.

You'll do better if you install Apache from the ports collection or, even
better, get the latest (1.05?) version as it installs easily. You only need
to account for "-lcrypt" as an "EXTRA_LIB" when building htpasswd (this
utility was not installed on my system when I installed Apache from sysinstall).

> man apache, returns an unformated page of giberish!

You are "luckier" than me, as I did not get any apache man page. I suggest that
you follow the advice and get the html docs from apache.org or one of its many
mirror sites.

Regards,
Carlos Amengual - Sociedad Astronómica de España y América
Avenida Diagonal, 377, 2  -  08008 Barcelona  -  Spain
amengual@sadeya.cesca.es  -  http://www.sadeya.cesca.es/