Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 1997 11:10:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jaye Mathisen  <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
To:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-connect.net>
Cc:        john hood <cgull@smoke.marlboro.vt.us>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   All fixed.  (The hard way)...Re: Final request for help with release.  (DPT boot floppy)

I appreciate the offers, however, I have bashed it into shape in the
following manner:

Although my boot.flp isn't usable for install, it does boot and apparently
clears the appropriate bits, such that using a 1.1.10 boot floppy from the
sendero site w/o hitting the reset button, and just allowing it to panic,
then quickly swap in the 1.1.10 version floppy lets it boot correctly.

I was then able to mount fixit, chroot, ifconfig, and build a new kernel
that works.

I appreciate all the email traffic offering suggestions as to what to try
next...

If I power cycled it, or hit reset it would never come up right...

Next quest is to see why I can't make a working bootable floppy, and send
in the few patches I already have for it.