Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 1998 00:02:57 +0000
From:      Nicolas Souchu <Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr>
To:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, mbouget@club-internet.fr
Subject:   Re: I2C and SMB development status

On Wed, Jul 22, 1998 at 06:28:20AM -0400, Peter Dufault wrote:

>> iic: master polled I/O allows to access any chip on the i2c bus
>
>What do you mean here by "master polled I/O"?

Master side code, polling the PIN bit.

>> if_ic: point to point IP driver over i2c
>> iicbus: i2c bus generic code (exactly like ppbus for parallel port)
>> pcf: pcf driver
>> bit-bang: bit banging driver not yet ported from Peter Dufault code
>> (Peter, would you have time/want to port your big-banging code?)
>
>My schedule doesn't permit it now.  Anyone interested in a non-blocking
>bit banging implementation should look in the i2cslave code in
>my i2c code.  Just now I'm more interested in getting some of your work
>for the PCF since I need the interrupt driven version and haven't gotten
>around to it yet.

But you known the bit-banging code very well...

Only slave side is managed with interrupts... master is still polled.
I hope the iic code will be in the -current tree soon ;)

IP over I2C is pretty fun ;)

--
Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr
FreeBSD - Turning PCs into workstations - http://www.FreeBSD.org