Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 2020 11:05:06 +0200
From:      Morten Bo Johansen <listmail@mbjnet.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Touchpad stopped working after pgk upgrade

Hi,

I'm rather new to Freebsd and yesterday I did a "pkg upgrade"
after which the touchpad on my Lenovo R61 is no longer
responsive. There is also some oddities with my keyboard such
as the arrow up key not working anymore.

- Running xev shows no reaction when touching the touchpad.
- Xorg.0.log shows no errors or warnings.
- moused is running as I can plug in a USB mouse and have it
  working.

I unplugged the usb mouse and ran the command:

  $ sudo /usr/sbin/moused -p /dev/sysmouse -t auto

as I surmise that /dev/sysmouse refers to the touchpad(?)
but moused responds with

  moused: unable to get status of mouse fd: inappropiate ioctl
  for device

The output from Xorg -version:

   X.Org X Server 1.20.8
   X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
   Build Operating System: FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p3 amd64
   Current Operating System: FreeBSD mathilde.mbjnet.dk 12.1-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p3 GENERIC amd64
   Build Date: 02 April 2020  10:19:53AM

   Current version of pixman: 0.38.4
   	Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org

The output from uname -mrs:

   FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p3 amd64

My desktop system is xfce4, version 4.14.

About 200 packages were upgraded and I'd love to supply a list
but I don't know where the log for this is kept(?)

Anyone to help me getting my touchpad back?

Thanks,
Morten

--
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% mortality rate"
                                                    (Sven Delblanc)