Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 18:44:44 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
To:        Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE scheduled for August 30th, 2001

Darryl Okahata wrote:

> Jordan Hubbard <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:
>
> > 4.4 is another "magic number" for the BSD world so
> > let's make FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE one of the best ever!
>
>      Going off on a slight tangent, has any progress been made on having
> another CDROM vendor (or is WindRiver staying in the business for now)?
> FreeBSD-services, perhaps (unfortunately, I don't have a DVD-ROM)?  I'd
> like to get 4.4-RELEASE on CDROM (with, preferably, some of the profits
> going back to whatever the "FreeBSD foundation" is these days).

With the recent problems at FreeBSDMall, a client that I work for has
asked me to set up a website/ordering system/etc for selling FreeBSD CDs.
We hope to have this running (with subscription services as well) within
a few months. The best news is that I've convinced him to donate 25% to
the FreeBSD Foundation.

-Bill