Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 16:48:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Creative DVD Decoder (CT1765/LS220)

Anyone have one of these things?  The Linux guys at
'opensource.creative.com' have a DXR2 driver but the CT1765/LS220 board
looks somewhat nicer.  There is a really nasty MSWORD databook on the chip
and a copy of the Windows driver floating around as a reference.

What sort of interface should a driver for one of these boards present to
the system?  Should we just be able to blast an MPEG video stream at
/dev/mpeg0 and have it work?  How should the video/audio controls be
presented?  I suspect that one could abuse the device into pretending to
be a sound card.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |