Date:      Fri, 5 Aug 2016 13:25:09 -0700
From:      Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com>
To:        Ronald Klop <ronald-lists@klop.ws>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Paid Support for iMX6 Port
References:  <SN1PR0201MB15343313B83CCDFFEC52F1C798050@SN1PR0201MB1534.namprd02.prod.outlook.com> <CABx9NuQMRdP%2BmMeuf3Zum3onME8qEXL0ty6yQp1tZHuU=ockiw@mail.gmail.com> <SN1PR0201MB153446C48ADBB666C021AB3098050@SN1PR0201MB1534.namprd02.prod.outlook.com> <CABx9NuSF2K427XKMj_2gGDW1OyaXodF6PukQS%2BufAv5Z_ZSZMQ@mail.gmail.com> <CABx9NuSR6MSkHFROjc7HkjCBS6NTScD=rfpi65qYWJwA0gpmQQ@mail.gmail.com> <op.ylmk7wqokndu52@53555a16.cm-6-6b.dynamic.ziggo.nl>

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 8:27 AM, Ronald Klop <ronald-lists@klop.ws> wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 00:16:55 +0200, Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Sorry, reply instead of reply all...

Hi Ronald,

So does this mean you used an freebsd slice for nandfs on the entire
nand unit and placed u-boot and the kernel within the nandfs slice
(I'll look at nandfs documentation when I get a chance)? It's probably
implementation specific, but I wonder if  the partition table and
nandfs would affect the "hardware boot loaders" ability to find the
u-boot binary (I don't understand the pre-u-boot boot process yet)?
Also, are you saying that nandfs is "stable enough" to be used in a
write-rarely/read-often scheme?

Russ