Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 1997 08:44:49 +0100 (BST)
From:      Niall Smart <nsmart@iona.com>
To:        Jason McKay <jasonm@barney.webace.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: From WinNT to FreeBSD

On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Jason McKay wrote:

> There is only one thing holding us back, it is very important that we keep
> track of our users, such as login times and length of login plus how much
> they are downloading per call.
>
> Windows NT displays all this information easily, I have not yet found a
> way to receive the same level of info from FreeBSD .. Can anyone please
> suggest some ideas?  As we _REALLY_ want to change over ASAP.

Hi Jason,

You may want to join the freebsd-isp mailing list for asking these
kind of questions.  I would be very surprised if the figures you
want cannot be collated using a scripting langauge or log facility
of some sort,  I guess it depends on your hardware to some extent.

--
Niall Smart
Customer Engineering,