Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 23:09:22 -0700
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        Tony Finch <dot@dotat.at>, Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: merging current's jail functionality to stable

On Oct 10,  6:12pm, Tony Finch wrote:
} Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com> wrote:
} >
} >While I have a need for the jail functionality, I also need a working a
} >working nullfs implementation to use with it.  Somehow I don't thing we'll
} >see a working nullfs in 3.x, so I guess I can wait for 4.x.
}
} Is this so that you can share the same /usr partition between all the
} jails?

Nope.  I want to mount a read-write subtree in one part of the filesystem
with the processes in a jail (where it will be read-only).  One example
is allowing a jailed user to update a set of html documents in a specific
directory tree, and sharing this directory tree on a read-only basis with
a jailed web server.  I also want to export all the executables to each
jail via read-only mounts without needing lots of tiny partitions.