Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 1995 17:40:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        rcarter@geli.com, hackers@freebsd.org, mcgovern@spoon.beta.com
Subject:   Re: 2.0.5 BETA - missing OS using whole disk

> > from the boot.flp and slice and labelling the disk.  According to Rodney
> > things aren't happy if the slicer is fed a number of cylinders
> > larger than 1024.  (Shouldn't it complain then?)
>
> Not true.  This may be a simpler problem.

And Russell mis understood what I was saying, I did not say cylinders
larger than 1024 when talking about the slicer, I was talking about what
the NCR SDMS bios does with disk drives larger than 1G byte, it uses
translation to make sure that the cylinder count is always less than
1024, and depending on drive size I have seen 3 different sets of
numbers.