Date:      Tue, 23 May 2000 00:58:12 -0700
From:      <chris.smith@raytheon.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Lots of nice 4.0-RELEASE questions...

Hi,

Got a few questions on 4.0-RELEASE (I finally got a
CD set yesterday):-

1/ Is there some code for driver for the SBLive sound
   card somewhere (I thought I overheard something on
   the list a while back about emu10k1.c etc).  I dont
   want to spend money on OSS because it's crappy -
   crackling and high CPU is not on my wanted list.

2/ Does the Linux-Glide package support 3DFx Voodoo 3
   3000 cards yet (I can get rid of Linux if yes!).

3/ The XFree86 3.3.6 that came on the CD set appears to
   be broken authentication-wise.  xdm bombs every user
   login with clients (xterm etc) not being able to
   connect to the display.  Any ideas?  There is
   something about magic cookies in the error dump
   which I cant post at the mo.

4/ Is it worth upgrading to -STABLE? (reasons req'd)
   -RELEASE seems perfectly ok!

Cheers,

Chris Smith              IS Dept - Raytheon Systems Limited
[chris.smith@raytheon.co.uk]               +44 1279 407 103