Date:      Fri, 06 Nov 1998 21:43:50 -0500
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Daniel Berlin <root@danberlin.resnet.rochester.edu>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Halloween memo - what does it mean?

At 02:39 AM 11/7/98 +0000, Mark Ovens wrote:
>Wes Peters wrote:
>> Microsoft DOES participate in a well-organized conspiracy to get their
>> software onto every computer in the world, it's called "the Marketing
>> Department."  It's obviously very effective, because they haven't won
>> their current sales figures through technological superiority;>
>
>A classic example of "Well-marketed mediocrity will triumph over
>technical excellence every time"
>
>> --
>>              Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?
>>
>> Wes Peters
>+1.801.915.2061
>> Softweyr LLC
>wes@softweyr.com

>> with "unsubscribe freebsd-advocacy" in the body of the message
>
>--
>   When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
>
>Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd
>Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
>mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.uk.radan.com

Well if you're underminding the public (which is easy to do with the 70% of
the Windows users that don't give a crap what they're running as long as
Need For Speed works), then yeah, it's pretty easy to market :)

---
Drew "Droobie" Baxter
Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange 207-942-0275
http://www.droo.orland.me.us
My Latest Kernel: FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT (ONEEX) #14: Mon Oct 19 22:36:58 EDT 1998