Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:08:54 +0100 (CET)
From:      Pieter Donche <Pieter.Donche@ua.ac.be>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X11: 1280x768

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, Polytropon wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 07:47:37 +0100 (CET), Pieter Donche <Pieter.Donche@ua.ac.be> wrote:
>> I installed KDE and the KDM display manager in FreeBSD.
>> On my portable I have a non-US keyboard (a european country layout),
>> in KDE I can set it to the appropriate keyboard layout.
>> KDM login window is still in US qwerty keyboard, which makes me have
>> to enter my password with different keystrokes :-) How to set an
>> appropriate keyboard in KDM?
>
> I don't know, but you can set your keyboard layout generally for X,
> so you have this layout everywhere (e. g. when you're running
> something different than KDE, as well as in xdm or kdm).
>
> Just change your /etc/X11/xorg.conf to fit your needs, according
> to this example:
>
> 	Section "InputDevice"
> 	        Identifier      "Keyboard0"
> 	        Driver          "kbd"
> 	        Option          "XkbModel"              "pc105"
> 	        Option          "XkbLayout"             "de"
> 	        Option          "AutoRepeat"            "250 30"
> 	EndSection

OK, that was it for the keyboard matter. Thx..

Similar question:
my portable is 1280x768 pixels, but KDE comes up in 1024x768, making
'wide' icons and text :-(
I tried to add in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf in Section "Screen" for
all entries in Subsection "Display" (different Depths), a line
Modes "1280x784" ... but this does not help..
In KDE menu / Settings / peripherals / Display / the only choice
for Screen Size remains 1024x768 without alternatives (as before) ...
How to remedy?