Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 13:06:10 -0500
From:      Jim C <jconner@enterit.com>
To:        R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@nwlink.com>
Cc:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>, Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: httpd pid

Well.  It depends.  If you are using the ports version of apache you don't
have to do anything with ./configure.  If you are upgrading it manually,
you will use ./configure before any make commands.  The manual upgrade is
what I prefer over ports.  I had nothing *but* problems (such as yours)
when I used ports.

-Jim