Date:      Mon, 9 Nov 2009 14:01:30 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        Serge Semenenko <serge@a-1.com.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: general issue with suspend/resume with iwn(4)/bge(4)

On Monday 09 November 2009 1:14:18 pm Serge Semenenko wrote:
>  John Baldwin wrote:
> On Sunday 08 November 2009 6:19:09 am Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I hope this is the correct list for an issue like that, if not, a pointer
> would be appreciated.
>
> I've been in contact with Mykola Dzham quite some time now and we are trying
> to figure out a resume issue on his iwn(4) device. It does seem that this
> device does not come up correctly after suspend. The interesting part is,
that
> even pciconf -l -bcv ist not able to get all information.
>
> Before suspend:
> iwn0@pci0:6:0:0:        class=0x028000 card=0x13018086 chip=0x42328086
> rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
>     vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
>     device     = 'Carte Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN (Intel WiFi Link 5100)'
>     class      = network
>     bar   [10] = type Memory, range 64, base 0xec800000, size 8192, enabled
>     cap 01[c8] = powerspec 3  supports D0 D3  current D0
>     cap 05[d0] = MSI supports 1 message, 64 bit enabled with 1 message
>     cap 10[e0] = PCI-Express 1 endpoint max data 128(128) link x1(x1)
>
> After resume:
> iwn0@pci0:6:0:0:        class=0x028000 card=0x13018086 chip=0x42328086
> rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
>     vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
>     device     = 'Carte Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN (Intel WiFi Link 5100)'
>     class      = network
>

> Are you sure you didn't forget the extra options to pciconf here?  The bar
> should definitely not disappear since we save that state in software, not
> in hardware.  Also, the capability pointer register is set by the hardware,
> software never changes it.
>

>  It looks similar to PR http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=135070
for me. And if I understood right you're already working on the solution...

No, having the capability registers and a BAR disappear after they were
programmed is entirely different.  That PR is about being able to allocate
space for the BAR on boot, not about losing it entirely after resume.

--
John Baldwin