Date:      Sun, 08 Mar 1998 15:17:07 +0100 (CET)
From:      Jaroslav Klaus <J.Klaus@sh.cvut.cz>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   GUS PnP driver

Hello,

I have only GUS PnP soundcard with all 16MB RAM but I can't find driver to
support most of the features of GUS PnP (mainly for MIDI but also AUDIO).
I know about two drivers:
1) Hasty's driver: I used version 7 for 2.2.5 (later versions are only for
   3-current, as I guess). But Hasty's driver has problem with cracks in
   sound (I don't know anything about version for 3-current). Midi is
   supported but there is also some problems
2) Rizzo's driver: Now I use latest version (from cvsup). The main
   disadvantage is there isn't support for MIDI, isn't it? Rizzo's driver
   also has a little problem with audio. In my opinion there is a
   interrupt or dma problem. I don't know exactly (I'm not an expert).

So, do I have to write my own version of soundcard driver to better GUS
PnP support or is anywhere another GUS PnP driver I don't know? Or is
anyone working on new GUS PnP driver?
--
Jarda Klaus