Date:      Thu, 23 May 2002 21:44:52 +0200 (MEST)
From:      yuri khotyaintsev <yuri@irfu.se>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Vinum problem

Hi!

I had a vinum mirrored volume usr
with two plexes usr.p0 and usr.p1, with respective
subdisks usr.p0.s0 and usr.p1.s0.

So recently one of the disks crashed. I tried to replace the disk with
another one (which later appeared to be somewhat smaller) and run
 vinum create  for a new disk. Because of the small size of the new disk
vinum create exited with error, and after that usr.p1.s0
dissapeared from the vinum configuration.

so now I have
usr.p0 -> 1 subdisk (usr.p0.s0)
usr.p1 -> 0 subdisk

Volume usr shows status UP, but trying to run fsck on it produces a
kernel panic.

Any suggestions how should I proceed to avoid panic and mount the volume?

I have no possibility to get new large disk now.
Should I try to remove plex usr.p1 ?

The system is 4.5-STABLE

___
Yuri Khotyaintsev

Swedish Institute of Space Physics,
Uppsala Division, Box 537, S-75121  Uppsala