Date:      Sat, 06 Jul 2002 22:05:35 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Anthony Rubin <anthonyrubin@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Jason Stone <jason-fbsd-security@shalott.net>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Default ssh protocol in -STABLE [was: HEADS UP: FreeBSD-STABLEnow  has OpenSSH 3.4p1]

Anthony Rubin wrote:

> Do people who depend on such things run mergemaster and blindly accept
> all changes?  Does everyone throw every new -RELEASE into production
> without any testing?

You've missed the point. This would be an architectural change. We do
those between branches, not towards the end of life of a -stable branch.

Those who want protocol 2 to be the default have a simple config change
to make... users expecting the RELENG_4 branch to actually be -stable
shouldn't have their expectations so violently disturbed.