Date:      Mon, 6 Aug 2001 23:26:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Paul Hamilton <paul@compwest.net.au>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Running Samba on FreeBSD 4.2 and 4.3 - errors on FreeBSD side of things!

If you have samba compiled with tcp_wrappers support, what do you have in
/etc/hosts.allow?  A test with:

ALL : ALL : allow

Should let you know if that's the problem.  I'm not seeing this on 4.3
with Samba 2.0.10 compiled from ports.  You should be able to open a TCP
connection to port 139 on the server to make a SMB connection.

Joe Clarke