Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 00:05:10 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Gary Jennejohn <garyj@muc.de>
Cc:        Paul Herman <pherman@piro.net>, Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sPPP and PPP keepalives

On Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 03:14:52PM +0100, Gary Jennejohn wrote:

> BTW Paul, thanks for your repoert of success with the patch. You're the
> first (and only) person who has done so.

Well, this evening I was a victim of the keepalives.
Netcologne uses keepalives.

I'm just about migrating a Linux machine to FreeBSD.
BTW: Linux had no problems with keepalives.

Hellmuth was so kind to tell me on phone, that patches are available.
But I was unable to find them via the mailing list archive.
So I was unsuccessfull this evening.
Tried user mode ppp, didn't work (dial), although I had a printout
of a working example from mailing list....

Well, I will try these days the patches attached to this thread.
Is there perhaps somebody, who has a clean patch against FreeBSD 4.0
RELEASE ?

BTW: It's a pitty shame, that these fixes didn't made it into
the CVS tree or at least onto the webservers mentioned in the
file /usr/share/examples/isdn/Resources ... I think that costed
me at least 5 hours...

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm                               http://people.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas