Date:      Fri, 27 Jun 1997 09:51:38 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
To:        Alejandro Galindo Chairez <agalindo@asimov.io.com.mx>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfw: setsockopt failed

On Thu, 26 Jun 1997, Alejandro Galindo Chairez wrote:

> I have the next problem:
>
> When the "ipfw flush" comand is executed the system send me the message:
> setsockopt failed

You must (a) build a kernel with IPFIREWALL or ; (b) load the kernel module

# modload /lkm/ipfw_mod.o

Do not load the LKM across the network - only at the console.  When you
load the module, all internet access becomes disabled until you enable it
with 'ipfw add 65000 allow all from any to any'.

I am working on rc.conf changes to make this easier to work with.  I'll
send them to you when I finish them.

BTW, please don't post to three lists at once.  Try one.  If you get no
answer, try another.

Danny