Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2001 13:08:30 +0800 (MYT)
From:      Dinesh Nair <dinesh@alphaque.com>
To:        Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Stable <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: linux-base 6.2 vs  linux-base 7

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Chris BeHanna wrote:

> particular, many of them look for /compat/linux/usr/lib/ld.so
> explicitly; in linux_base-7, this file is ld-2.2.2.so.

aye, this was mentioned.

> fine.  I haven't yet tried StarOffice 6.0-beta.  I'd be interested to
> know what has to be done to kludge it to install properly, aside from
> replacing all references to /bin/sh to /compat/linux/bin/sh in the

i first installed staroffice6.0-beta some weeks back, without using the
ports mechanism. this was before it became a part of the ports. all i did
was to replace the /bin/sh reference in the scripts and it ran fine. the
only problem i ran into was that all file dialogs (open, save, save as et
al) was blank. the dialog window pops up, but no display in the directory
frame or even in the text field where the filename is.

when i saw staroffice 6.0 appear in the ports, with a dependency on
linux_base-7, my first thought was that this would fix the empty file
dialog problem.