Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 1996 23:32:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Master of Zoul <zoul@alpha.pulsar.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Windows & FreeBSD

On Wed, 4 Sep 1996, Master of Zoul wrote:

> I run a 486 and a Pentium Pro
>
> the 486 has win 3.11 and the P Pro has Win NT Workstation 4.0
>
> If I install FreeBSD, will it not allow me to run my Win OS, or can I
> run both.

You can share the disk with NT and FreeBSD.  The only real questions are
if you have enough unallocated diskspace and/or if you have any space
below the 1024 cylinder boot limit.

> Can I run FreeBSD through a Win NT Shell, I plan to create a server
> system out of the P Pro and network the 486 to the P Pro, allowing me to
> utilize both systems as a server. Is any of this possible.

No.

I have a feeling you'll want to dump NT after you see what FreeBSD is
capable of performancewise versus your NT server.  :-)