Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:35:39 -0000
From:      "Barry Byrne" <barry.byrne@wbtsystems.com>
To:        <joe@jwebmedia.com>, "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Sendmail - Need Help Fast

------------=_1014654940-5474-3

------------=_1014654941-5474-5

Joe:

I've always found the POP before SMTP solutions a little clunky, and given
that some mail clients insist on trying to send mail before collecting,
regularly gave users grief. I use SMTP AUTH with sendmail. Whether or not it
will work for you really depends on whether your mail clients support it.
Check out http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/auth.html for details on
configuration. You need to install Cyrus SASL on the server - it's a little
tricky to get setup, but works really well once configured correctly.

Cheers,

Barry

--
Barry Byrne, IT Manager,