Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:38:07 -0600
From:      Robin Damm <robin@damm.ca>
To:        Paulo Roberto <nirv199@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dhcp option to *not* overwrite /etc/resolv.conf

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 02:11:48PM -0800, Paulo Roberto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have read the man pages, searched a few forums, but I did not found a
> way to prevent dhcp to do not change my /etc/resolv.conf. I do not have
> access to the dhcp server configuration, so I need to change it on my
> client. I also tried to chmod it to only read mode, but that did not
> work out. Any tips?

man dhclient.conf

As an example my /etc/dhclient.conf contains the following:

interface "ed0" {
        supersede domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;
        append domain-name " example.com";
}

The resulting /etc/resolv.conf looks like this:

search isp.domain.com example.com
nameserver 127.0.0.1

--
Robin Damm <robin@damm.ca>