Date:      Tue, 01 Jul 1997 18:04:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   CD-ROM mount problem

Running 3.0 (supped on 6/30).  Mounting the CD-ROM gives the error:

# mount /cdrom
cd9660: Invalid argument

Oddly, sysinstall mounts it OK.

I have options "CD9660" in my kernel config, and have rebuilt the kernel
after doing make world.  Here's the relevant section in my config (IDE
CD-ROM is master on wdc1, and is the only device on wdc1, in fact; should
I comment out wd2 and wd3, perhaps?):

controller      wdc0    at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 vector wdintr
disk            wd0     at wdc0 drive 0
disk            wd1     at wdc0 drive 1

controller      wdc1    at isa? port "IO_WD2" bio irq 15 vector wdintr
disk            wd2     at wdc1 drive 0
disk            wd3     at wdc1 drive 1

options         ATAPI           #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
options         ATAPI_STATIC    #Don't do it as an LKM
device          wcd0            #IDE CD-ROM

My /etc/fstab:

# Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump Pass#
/dev/wd1s1b             none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/wd1a               /               ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/wd1s1f             /usr            ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/wd1s1e             /var            ufs     rw              1       1
proc                    /proc           procfs  rw              0       0
/dev/wcd0c              /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0

Any clues, anyone?

--
Conrad Sabatier
http://www.neosoft.com/~conrads/