Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 14:47:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Toby Swanson <toby@milkyway.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NIS not working quite right

I am running 2.2.8 on both client and server.  ypwhich shows client is
bound to server.  ypcat passwd shows client has server passwd table.  When
I log in on the client as toby using my password (different from root's
password) I get logged in as root.  I have a print server that is running
2.1.7 and NIS works fine on it.  I've looked through the handbook, FAQ,
and mailing list archives; no joy.  Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks in advance,

Toby