Date:      Sun, 27 May 2007 12:13:48 +0300
From:      Angelin Lalev <lalev@uni-svishtov.bg>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   is it possible to set the following IPC options at boot instead of hard-coding them in kernel

Hi list,

I'm running squid diskd on my proxy machines and I want to be able to use freebsd-update.
Squid diskd requires the following options set in the kernel (example from daemon news
http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200209/squid.html)

	options         SYSVMSG

	options         MSGMNB=8192     # max # of bytes in a queue
	options         MSGMNI=40       # number of message queue identifiers
	options         MSGSEG=512      # number of message segments per queue
	options         MSGSSZ=64       # size of a message segment
	options         MSGTQL=2048     # max messages in system

I guess that updating that custom kernel will be a problem for freebsd-update, so is that
possible to set those values at boot? (I believe SYSVMSG is in GENERIC by default).