Date:      Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:28:06 -0800
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
To:        Anders Nordby <anders@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Bluetooth compatibility

Anders,

> Does ng_ubt support Bluetooth 1.2 devices? Are USB dongles with Bluetooth 1.2
> backwards compatible? I'm considering to buy a D-Link DBT-120 (1.1) or
> DBT-122 (1.2) device.

in general, yes, bluetooth v1.2 devices will work with ng_ubt(4) and
bluetooth stack. i have v1.2 device and it works just fine. keep in mind
that ng_hci.h does not yet have definitions for bluetooth v1.2 hci
commands and events. it does not mean that you can not send these
commands to the device.

thanks,
max