Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2001 19:59:04 +0100 (CET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   wireless proxy arp

I'm getting closer with wi0 and my ELSA Airlancer MC-11.
For a moment I could see my gateway with the Airlancer
PC card in the Ricoh Adapter. But then I noticed that I
had some misconfiguration WRT IP adresses.

But that reminded me on a configuration I had done a couple of years ago with
a dialup ppp machine that had a modem on one side and the campus ethernet on
the other end. The ppp interface obtained an IP address out of the
address space of the campus network on the ethernet.

I believe it was done by proxy arp in the kernel.

Now, when you imagine you have a wireless LAN card in the gateway
and an ethernet card for your home network, would it be possible to configure
it such that e.g. wi0 is 192.168.0.2 while ed0 is 192.168.0.1
and the dsl card something different that is attached by the
provider anyway.

I came across this when studying the configuration of
gmarco who kindly sent me his configuration files.

He had a network 10.0.0 on the wirless lan and
10.0.1 on the ethernet.