Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 08:19:12 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Nevermind <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
Cc:        Paul Bauer <bauerp@bigfoot.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Creating a 4.2-STABLE iso

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 03:28:02AM +0200, Nevermind wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 06:38:45PM -0600, you wrote:
> I've asked about this before. So that's my howto:
>
> 1.  You will need the while cvs repository preferablely on local hard disks.
> 	You can get it by cvsuping 'cvs-all' target.

<snip>

> 7.	burn it on CD using burncd for example.
>
> P.S. Maybe it worth to include this in handbook?

Yes.  Actually, I'd rather see this as a separate article, that talks
about building your own FreeBSD release.  Would you care to write (or at
least start) something like that.

You could cover minimum system requirements, how to make your own custom
build (how to build a release with a different kernel, or with different
components added in), and so on.