Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2000 01:38:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   IA64 web page

  I would like to commit the ia64 project page to www/en.  It's really
pretty standard stuff copied from the alpha directory.  Adding this
project page into CVS will allow more developers to keep this page up
to date.

  ia64
  ia64/ia64.sgml
  ia64/Makefile

  The proposed files are small so I've included them at the bottom of
this message.  May I commit these to the www tree?

--[ia64.sgml]----------------------------

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN" [
<!ENTITY base CDATA "..">
<!ENTITY date "$FreeBSD$">
<!ENTITY title "FreeBSD/IA64 Project">
<!ENTITY email 'freebsd-ia64'>
<!ENTITY % includes SYSTEM "../includes.sgml"> %includes;
]>
<!-- $FreeBSD$ -->

&header;

upcoming IA64 architecture.</p>

<h3>Latest News</h3>
<ul>
Moolenaar</a> has written a web page describing the <a
Rabson</a> has commited code to get FreeBSD as far as start_init()
before it dies in the simulator.</p></li>
Rabson</a> has made a series of commits to -current with early IA64
support.  The kernel will now reach the mountroot prompt.  Please
follow the mailing list for more information.</p></li>
</ul>

<h3>What needs to be done</h3>
href="http://www.cygnus.com/ia64">Cygnus IA64 toolchain</a>.  At the
moment it looks like the various Linux camps doing IA64 development
have splintered off without merging their respective changes back into
Cygnus' tree.  Anyone working on toolchain issues should coordinate
with <a href="mailto:obrien@freebsd.org">David Obrien</a>.</p>

simulator</a> is currently less than ideal for FreeBSD development.
working on some of these issues.</p>

<H3>FreeBSD/IA64 Specific Links</H3>
<UL>
<LI><A HREF="http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/eresources.html#ERESOURCES-MAIL">FreeBSD/IA64 mailing list</A></LI>
</UL>

<H3>Other Links of Interest</H3>
<H4>IA64 Documentation</H4>
<UL>
<li><a href="http://developer.intel.com/design/ia-64/devinfo.htm">;
Intel IA64 Architecture Reference Manuals</a></li>
<li><a href="http://developer.intel.com/software/idap/platform/server/IA64.htm">;
Intel IA64 presentations and whitepapers</a></li>
</UL>

<H4>Software Tools</h4>
<ul>
<li><a href="http://www.cygnus.com/ia64">Cygnus GNU IA64
Toolchain</a></li>
<li><a href="http://software.hp.com/ia64linux">HP Linux IA64 Simulator
and Tools</a></li>
</ul>

<H4>Related Projects</H4>
<UL>
<LI><A HREF="http://www.linuxia64.com">Linux / IA64</A></LI>
</UL>

&footer;

--[ Makefile ]------------

# $FreeBSD$

.if exists(../Makefile.conf)
.include "../Makefile.conf"
.endif
.if exists(../Makefile.inc)
.include "../Makefile.inc"
.endif

DOCS=   ia64.sgml

INDEXLINK=ia64.html

.include "${WEB_PREFIX}/share/mk/web.site.mk"

	- Murray