Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 1996 23:57:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      Sujal Patel <smpatel@wam.umd.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Charles Green <green@fang.cs.sunyit.edu>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UNIX Sound SystemTM (USS) Lite (Formerly VoxWare)

On Fri, 29 Mar 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > USS Lite is a freeware version of the full UNIX Sound System. In short it's
> > exactly the same than current TASD 3.5 which is available for Linux, FreeBSD
> > and BSD/OS 2.1. The only difference between TASD and USS Lite will be a minor
>
> In other words, this driver will NEVER be incorporated into FreeBSD.

We should probably just go with TASD 3.5 which is under a BSDish
copyright and then develop sound ourselves from here on.  At least there
is one bright side to this, we can finally clean up some of the sources so
we don't have #ifdef LINUX #ifdef SYSV #ifdef SCO #BSDI, and the assorted
horrible mess...

Sujal