Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:36:25 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, "Sergey A. Osokin" <osa@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: textproc/xmlto: missing XML catalogs?

--qlTNgmc+xy1dBmNv

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 01:21:43AM +0400, Sergei Kolobov wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I am trying to solve a little problem building a new port I just
> submitted - textproc/xmlto (see ports/53173).
>=20
> To quote its pkg-descr:
>    "xmlto is a front-end to an XSL toolchain. It chooses an appropriate
>    stylesheet for the conversion you want and applies it using an external
>    XSL-T processor.  It also performs any necessary post-processing."
>=20
> When building xmlto, I get a lot of warnings from xsltproc similar to thi=
s:
> (manually wrapped for readability)
>=20
> xmlNanoHTTPConnectAttempt: Connect attempt timed out.
> /FreeBSD/current/ports/xmlto-0.0.14/xmlto-0.0.14/./doc/xmlif.xml:4:=20
> error: failed to load external entity=20
> "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd"
>=20
> (also, the build time is greatly increased because of this timeouts).
> Even though the port successfully builds despite the warnings, I am
> trying to find out a better way. ;)

It may be trying to download them from the net (bad port!).  If you
are building the port on a machine that cannot perform HTTP fetches
then this would of course fail.  In order to be certain one would need
to monitor network activity during the build or consult the source.

Kris

--qlTNgmc+xy1dBmNv

--qlTNgmc+xy1dBmNv--