Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 16:54:20 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Mike Pritchard" <mpp@mpp.minn.net>
To:        shubert@orizon.net (Sylvain Hubert)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: quota grace period

Sylvain Hubert wrote:

> Hi! I am trying to put a grace period to a user but
>
> nothing is changing. This is what I have done:
>
> The file quota.user was created in the filesystem.
> I can set space quota for any user using edquota and everything
> is working fine. When I use "edquota -t -u myname" to give a
> grace period to my account (or somebody else account), everything
> seems to work fine. BUT if I type "repquota -a", the grace period
> has not been updated with the new values. If I go into "edquota -t
> -u myname" again, the new values are still there (it remember the
> values I gave earlier).
>
> Question: Why does the quota grace period has not change?
>
> P.S.: I am root when I make these changements.

I just did a simple test and it looks like "edquota -t" isn't making
the appropriate quotactl call to inform the kernel that the
grace period has changed.  As a work around, rebooting after
running "edquota -t" should be get things right.

Note: the grace periods are on a per-file system basis, not
a per-user basis.  Running "edquota -t -u myname" is exactly
the same as running "edquota -t".  Edquota ignores the user name
in this case.

I'm on my way out the door right now, but I'll take a better look
at this later.
--
Mike Pritchard
mpp@minn.net