Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 2000 02:28:36 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xircom PCMCIA card support

> Will FreeBSD be supporting the Xircom PCMCIA cards anytime in the near
> future? I've got a Xircom Cardbus 100 / 56K Modem combo PC card in my Dell
> Inspiron 5000, and i'd much rather run FreeBSD on it than Linux...

	If it really is a cardbus device, no, FreeBSD does not at
   this time support Cardbus cards. If it is this, however:

# Xircom CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + modem (Ethernet part)
card "Xircom" "CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56"
        config  0x27 "xe0" ?
        insert  logger -t pccard:$device -s Xircom CreditCard Modem inserted
        insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device
        remove  logger -t pccard:$device -s Xircom CreditCard Modem removed
        remove  /sbin/ifconfig $device delete

   then I would say "Yes, it does." :-)

	Support for Cardbus cards should be a feature in 5.0.

							Bruce