Date:      Sat, 06 May 2000 20:30:20 +0300
From:      A G F Keahan <ak@freenet.co.uk>
To:        Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.net>
Cc:        Dave Runkle <drunkle@home.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>, Michael <cadaver@tucu.net>, Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.2.8 gone for good?

First of all, I would like to thank Jim, Dave, Chad, Michael, Will and
other people who have replied offering help.   Fortunately, it turns out
that the Taiwanese and Japanese mirrors
(ftp://ftp.tw.freebsd.org/pub/i386 and ftp://daemon.jp.freebsd.org)
still hold copies of 2.2.8-RELEASE.    I find it very strange that the
main FTP site (ftp.freebsd.org) doesn't, not even in some Attic
directory.

Thank you once again,

Alex Keahan

Jim Weeks wrote:

> I sent this information yesterday, but I got an undeliverable message on
> the address ak@freenet.co.uk.  I don't remember if I sent it to the group
> as well so here goes again.

Sorry about that -- freenet always seem to have problems with their mail
servers -- perhaps if they switched from NT to FreeBSD, the problems
would just go away :)

> On Sat, 6 May 2000, Dave Runkle wrote:
>
> > Hello, I have the 2.2.8 CD set that I bought from cdrom.com. I'd be
> > surprised if they don't have any still in stock. Give them a call.

Actually, I'd be surprised if they still do, because at some point they
were giving them away for free...