Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2002 08:24:03 +0700
From:      budsz <budsan02@bdg.centrin.net.id>
To:        C J Michaels <cjm2@earthling.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Transparant proxy

--Md/poaVZ8hnGTzuv

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 06:43:02PM -0500, C J Michaels wrote:
>1. What's happening?

If I use rule ipfw in my posted email, it's no effect that's mean with
that rule or not my client can browse to the internet.

>2. Are you running squid? or what particular proxy software are you using?

Yes, I use squid with ./configure enable transparent proxy of couse.

>3. Does the proxy work when the browser is configured to directly using
>the proxy (not transparent) and the above firewall rules are not
>implemented.

Yes, proxy server and ipfw rule work fine. I mean with proxy or without
proxy anybody can browse to the internet. that's my problem, I want my
client if browsing without proxy they shouldn't connect to the internet.

>4. What firewall type is configured in /etc/rc.conf, and where in said
>file are the above listed ipfw rules?

Ops...I don't use type of firewall in /etc/rc.conf maybe only like :

firewall_enable=3D"YES"
firewall_script=3D"/etc/rc.firewall"

>I think your forward rules are too broad.  You are forwarding any traffic
>destined for port 80 to the transparent proxy, no matter what.
>Assuming your network is 192.168.0.0/24 try this rule...
>add 3002 fwd 192.168.0.88,7080 tcp from 192.168.0.0/24 to any 80

OK. thanks you

--=20
budsz

--Md/poaVZ8hnGTzuv