Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 1999 11:29:50 -0400
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.3 installation problem (dual SCSI)

I've run into a similar problem before, and the solution was to disable
the BIOS on the secondary card, and tweak the kernel; however, this
seems not to work.

I have a DELL 6350 that has an on-board Adaptec 7890 (LVD) controller.
I've installed a secondary controller (2940U2W LVD) to connect the
external PowerVault disk array.

When I go to install, it selects drive 0 of the array to begin.   This is
not the desired behavior.  It then generates multiple errors about
"invalid argument" when adding the swap partition to those external
drives.

So, I had to cancel the installation.

I have to get this machine up and running today, and I'd appreciate
any help.

Thanks.

_F