Date:      Wed, 01 May 1996 23:20:48 -0700
From:      Geoff Odhner <odhner@recom.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   About QIC-3020 tape drive use with FreeBSD

I have installed FreeBSD 2.1.0, and I find that my tape drive is not
supported.  It is a Ditto 3200, which uses the QIC-3020 format.  It
appears to me, from looking at the source file, that determining its
geometry, and adding it to the array of geometry specifications, might
be sufficient to allow me to use this tape drive.

Can you tell me if someone has already done this work, and how to
get the results to use?

If not, can you perhaps give me a bit more information/explanation
about the struct used to hold this information, and exactly what needs
to go into it?  If you tell me this and I am able to get it working,
I will, of course, give you the table entry that works.

Thanks for your help.

-Geoff Odhner