Date:      Thu, 15 May 1997 08:40:41 +0000
From:      lars.falch@dbergstrom.dk
To:        Dan Busarow  <dan@dpcsys.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.1-RELEASE problem?

Hi Dan,

>I just installed one yesterday and had no problems so it's
>not a corrupt distribution.  Course I installed DES, maybe
>something is always expecting DES?

I suppose so. But I tried installing again last night, only
without the DES crypto files, and this time it worked.

Oh, another thing was, after I installed I chose not to set the
root password, and not to create any additional accounts - but
it had set some password on the root account, so I couldn't log
in? But I installed it again, and set a root password during
the installation, and this time everything worked.

> I'd suggest downloading and installing the des files
> (2.2.1-RELEASE/des/des.* + install.sh).

Sounds like a good plan.

Regards,
Lars