Date:      Sun, 28 Nov 1999 16:14:15 -0800
From:      wally@hotwally.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Disk error @ boot?

Hi maybe a BSD hardware-install expert can help me out here :)

I'm installing FreeBSD 3.3 from floppies onto an Abit BH-6 Pentium II
motherboard with one floppy at /dev/Fd0 and one IDE hard drive at /dev/hda.

When I insert the KERN.FLP file into my floppy drive and boot, I get the
message:

>> FreeBSD/i386 BOOH
default: 0/fd(0,a)/kernel
boot:
disk error0x10 (lba=0x10)
No /Kernel

When I try this exact same floppy in another drive in another computer, it works
fine. The floppy drive works 0K... What am I doing wrong here?

What is the expected argument of that BOOT:_ Prompt? How do I direct it to look
onto the floppy to boot from. Obviously my BIOS is confused, is that it?

- HELPIE!

- walt