Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:55:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Sprickman <spork@inch.com>
To:        <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   recommended/supported raid

Hi,

We're in a crunch and have to go the pre-built route for a fairly large
web server box.  We'll be ditching a setup with the old external Mylex
controller (not that we're unhappy with the controller - we need a better
chassis with room to expand) and moving to a pre-built system.

My question is this...  Which "built-in" raid controllers out there work
with FreeBSD?  I was looking at the IBM Netfinity with "IBM ServeRaid",
and I can't tell what kind of controller this is or if it's supported...

I noticed that there's support for certain Dell controllers, are these
current models?

Compaq support is some sort of third party driver at this point as well,
correct?

Any input would be much appreciated.  I've also checked the BSDI website,
but I can't get past voicemail on the sales side.  Anyone know how their
prices compare?

Thanks,

Charles