Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 2014 11:24:07 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems loading RV620 firmware

I switched over to using the new Xorg and VT, using the
prebuilt packages, all of which went relkatively smoothly. But
I have lost hardware acceleration inside X. My card is a Radeon
3450 which is an RV620 card.

If I boot the machine and try and kiad radeomkms.ko by hand then it just
locks up the machine. No useful info on the consolue.

If I try loadiing radeonkms and boot time, it then displays a lot
more information when it boots about loading up drm, and then afils
saying is callot load the firmware for the card. Specificly
it cant load radeonkmsfw_RV620_pfp

At this point booting stops and the machine is unresponsive.

Now I dont particularly mind the loss of hardware acceleration,
as I dont use it anyway, but I thought I should report this as
a bug, as this should be a supported card and configuration.
KMS is kernel related to this is the correct place I hope.

The kernel is r268669 from Tuesday of this week, and the
packages are the binary builds from Monday, using the pkg
repository for systems runnijng the new Xorg. The machine
is an AMD Phenom II 965 with 4 gig of RAM, and the
motherboard is MSI K9A2 Platinum (the 7376 model).

Am quite happy to try out things on this too, as its my
personal workstation so doesnt disruopt anyone else when it crashes.

cheers,

-pete.