Date:      Mon, 20 May 1996 16:14:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Dyson <dyson@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        coredump@nervosa.com (Chris J. Layne)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, dyson@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VM changes

> Well, so far the VM changes are working fine for me, I don't notice any
> apparent performance differences while forking, if I did it would most
> likely be psychological, but these changes are going along quite stable
> as opposed to last time :-)

Forks were running about 700-800usecs before, and now are about 600usecs
on my P5-166.  (Some new changes are coming from another front that
will likely drop the 600usecs to about 500usecs.)  You *certainly*
would not notice the difference, unless you would be testing 100's of
them. :-).

Many of the new changes were simplifications, so it was easier to get
them right.  One thing though, how does the paging performance seem?

John
dyson@freebsd.org