Date:      Tue, 09 Jul 1996 20:52:36 CDT
From:      Babak  Sehari <sehari@iastate.edu>
To:        questions@freeBSD.org
Subject:   I want to get tcsh and Emacs

Hello,

   I have an unsupported CDROM.  I already installed FreeBSD on my
compuer.  Now I would like to get the tcsh and emacs added to it.
I printed and red the handbook, but it does not say anything about
how to install these packages with an unsupported CDROM.
I copied the tcsh port and tcsh_6.06 from the disk to my hard drive,
Then I mounted the Dos drive and can read it from Unix fine.
Also, I get masages like:

lndir not found

and when I try installing it using pkg_manage or pkg_add, I can not do
it.  pkg_manage is looking for *.tgz which is not part of the files I
copied from CDROM.

Can some one give me hint?

                   With highest regards,
                        Babak  Sehari