Date:      Thu, 09 Jan 1997 11:38:13 -0600
From:      Richard Gordner <gordner@calumet.purdue.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        gordner@nwi.calumet.purdue.edu
Subject:   Can't install from Floppies

I have been trying for the past couple of days to install a version
newer than 2.1.0 of freebsd with floppies. I have been downloading the
bin and manpages files for 2.1.0 and have no problem, using the root.flp
prior to loading the bin and manpages distribution. Your later versions
don't have a root.flp and after the 'commit' step I am told to insert
the floppy into the A drive.. The Floppy has a:/bin/aa.bin , DOS files
on it and needs to be extracted.  I have read your instructions many
times and I can't get the distribution bin or manpages to load.
Suggestions please....I have no problem with 2.1.0 installing with
floppies.

Rick Gordner Purdue Calumet University